Welcome to Dance Matchmaker!
We value your patronage and want to assure users that it is not our business model or in our interests to re-sell your personal information to any third parties.
- We do NOT give third parties access to any of your personal information.
- We live in a modern digital world and know that security is critical to our member’s safety.
- We have implemented safe-guards and given users reasonable control over how much personal information the public can access, as they vet potential prospects for the types of relationships that they seek.
USER AGREEMENT CONTENTS
The terms "us," "we," the "Company" or "DM" refers to Dance Matchmaker.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on DM and use the Service. By creating an account and using the Service, you represent and warrant that:
- you can form a binding contract with DM,
- you are not a person who is barred from using the Service under the laws of the Canada or any other applicable jurisdiction-meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition,
- you have never been convicted of a felony or indictable offence (or a crime of similar severity and rules) and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, provincial, federal or local sex offender registry, and
- you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, provincial / stage, national and international laws, rules and regulations
- Your Account
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for DM, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modifying the Service and Termination
DM is always striving to improve our Service and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time, as well as removing some features; if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend the Service entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in our "FAQ" section in the Service; you may need to manage any purchases you made through VISA / Master Card / PayPal via PayPal to avoid additional billing. DM may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. Upon such termination, you will not be entitled to any refund for purchases. After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and DM: Section 4, Section 5, and Sections 12 through 20.
- Safety; Your Interactions with Other Users
DM strives to encourage a respectful user experience; it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. In addition, you agree to review and follow DM's Core Values & Guiding Principles prior to using the Service. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DM DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. DM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS. DM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT - AND YOU AGREE DM MAY CONDUCT - ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- Rights DM Grants You
DM grants you a personal, worldwide, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Service's benefits as intended by DM and permitted by this Agreement. Therefore, you agree not to:
- use the Service or any content contained in the Service for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the Service without DM's prior written consent.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by DM.
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- use the Service in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service.
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Service.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Service.
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Service without DM's prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to DM or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of DM) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service, or cause others to do so.
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Service or other users' Content or information without our written consent.
- use, access, or publish the DM application programming interface without our written consent.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Service or any system or network.
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/ or unauthorized uses of the Service, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device's settings.
- Rights you Grant DM
By creating an account, you grant to DM a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, "post") on the Service or transmit to other users (collectively, "Content"). DM's license to your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that DM's license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of the Service. For example, DM would have an exclusive license to screenshots of the Service that include your Content. In addition, so that DM can prevent the use of your Content outside of the Service, you authorize DM to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of your Content taken from the Service by other users or third parties. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, to send notices pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act on your behalf if your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of the Service. Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the Service and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorize us to place on the Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other DM users).
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the license to DM above.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service. Nothing in this paragraph, however, creates an obligation for us to review, monitor or delete any Content.
In consideration for DM allowing you to use the Service, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the Service. By submitting suggestions or feedback to DM regarding our Service, you agree that DM may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that DM may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
- Community Rules
By using the Service, you agree that you will NOT:
- use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement
- use the Service for any harmful or nefarious purpose
- use the Service in order to damage DM
- spam, solicit money from or defraud any users
- impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission
- bully, "stalk," intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person
- post any Content that violates or infringes anyone's rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right
- post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person's personal information without his or her permission
- use another user's account
- create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission
When communicating with our customer service representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
DM reserves the right to investigate and/ or terminate your account without a refund of any purchases if you have violated this Agreement, misused the Service or behaved in a way that DM regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur on or off the Service.
- Other Users' Content
Although DM reserves the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posts it, and DM cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. If you see Content on the Service that violates this Agreement, please report it within the Service. We disclaim all responsibility for Content posted by you, other users or other third parties, even if made available by us through the Service, as set out in Section 12 below.
DM may offer products and services for purchase ("in app purchases") through iTunes, Google Play or other application platforms authorized by DM (each, a "Software Store"). If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with your Software Store ("your IAP Account"), and your IAP Account will be charged for the in app purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase as well as the general terms for in app purchases that apply to your IAP Account. Some Software Stores may charge you sales tax, depending on where you live. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in app purchase, your IAP Account will be billed continuously for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. If you do not wish your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to log in to your IAP account and follow instructions to cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us or if you have deleted the DM application from your device. Deleting your account on DM or deleting the DM application from your device does not cancel your subscription; DM will retain all funds charged to your IAP Account until you cancel your subscription through your IAP Account.
DM Direct Purchases
If you choose to make a purchase through dancematchmaker.com, dancematchmaker.ca dancematchmaker.us, any other DM website or the DM app without using your IAP Account ("DM Direct"), you agree to pay DM all charges at the prices displayed to you for the services you've selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments, and you authorize DM to charge your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method"). DM may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your Payment Method, DM may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion. You are always responsible for providing accurate and complete billing information. If your billing address is outside Canada, you confirm that you (a) are not a resident of Canada, (b) are not registered for purposes of Canadian goods and services tax (GST) and harmonized sales tax (HST), (c) will be outside Canada at all times that you access DM's website and exercise you membership rights, and (d) will update your billing address with DM to a Canadian billing address if any of the above changes.
Generally, all charges for purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods unless the laws applicable to your jurisdiction mandatorily provide for refunds.
For subscribers residing in the EU or European Economic Area, in accordance with local law, you are entitled to a full refund during the 14 days after the subscription begins. Please note that this 14-day period commences when the subscription starts.
For DM subscribers residing in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin, the terms below apply:
You may cancel your subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the services of DM) before the end of your subscription period, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing the company notice in the same manner as you request a refund as described below.
To request a refund email: email@example.com
For all other users, you may request a refund by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org ; Please also include the email address associated with your account, along with your order number and user name.
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company's Copyright Agent via email to email@example.com , by phone to 587-966-3834 or via mail to the following address:
Copyright Compliance Department, c/o DM Legal, 121c, 17th Avenue NE Calgary, Alberta T2E 1L7
DM will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
DM PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE.
DM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- Third Party Services
The Service may contain links to other web sites or resources. DM is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Service, such party's terms will govern their relationship with you. DM is not responsible or liable for such third parties' terms or actions.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL DM, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE SERVICE; OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF DM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL DM'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO DM FOR THE SERVICE WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE LIABILITY OF DM, ITS AFFILATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Arbitration, Class-Action Waiver, and Jury Waiver
Except for users residing within the EU or European Economic Area and elsewhere where prohibited by applicable law:
A.) The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or the Service shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association under the Consumer Arbitration Rules. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against the Company in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against the Company any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
B.) By using the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
C.) Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Dallas County, Texas. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
D.) This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
E.) The online dispute settlement platform of the European Commission is available under http://ec.europa.eu/odr. DM does not take part in dispute settlement procedures in front of a consumer arbitration entity for users residing in the EU or European Economic Area.
- Governing Law
For users residing in the EU or European Economic Area or elsewhere where our arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of Alberta, Canada will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the choice of Alberta governing law shall not supersede any mandatory consumer protection legislation in such jurisdictions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Arbitration Agreement in Section 15 above shall be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Act.
Except for users residing in the EU or European Economic Area, who may bring claims in their country of residence in accordance with applicable law, and except for claims that may be properly brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction in the county in which you reside or in Calgary, Alberta, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement, to the Service, or to your relationship with DM that for whatever reason are not submitted to arbitration, will be litigated exclusively in the federal or provincial courts of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. You and DM consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of courts in the Province of Alberta and waive any claim that such courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
- Indemnity by You
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DM, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney's fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement; Other
- Choice of Language
The parties have requested and agree that this Agreement and all documents and notices relating thereto be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents et les avis qui s'y rattachent soinet rédigés en anglais. If we provide a translation of the English language version of this Agreement, the English language version of the Agreement will control if there is any conflict. Si nous fournissons une traduction de la version anglaise de cet accord, la version anglaise de l'accord prévaudra s'il y a conflit.
What Information Do We Collect?
In general, we may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information from your usage of our Service. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of Your interaction with us.
Personal Information: For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information ” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person.
Sensitive Data: Sensitive Data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. We will seek your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data as required by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent.
Information You Provide
- Service Forms & Preferences. Our Service can be browsed anonymously. However, to engage in certain special features or functions of our Service, You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information, such as Your name, email address and demographic information. You may provide preferences such as preferred language and marketing consent. You may also create a user account or profile and provide profile information, for example, photographs You upload, as well as Your interests, height, and occupation.
- Payment Information. We may collect Your financial information for Paid Memberships or Paid Features, such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
- Customer Support Center. We or a Service Provider operate an electronic customer support center to accept and address Your questions, concerns, or complaints. When You contact our customer support center, we may ask for Information to help us respond to Your inquiry or to verify Your identity. We may also monitor or record Your online or telephone discussions with our customer support representatives for training purposes and to ensure service quality.
Information Collected Automatically
- Cookies. The Service uses “cookies,” a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Service user’s computer to permit the Service to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Service. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize You as a previous user of the Service, and to otherwise facilitate Your Service experience. You may choose to decline cookies if Your browser permits, but doing so may affect Your use of the Service and Your ability to access certain features of the Service or engage in transactions through the Service. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by
third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Service Tracking Information. Our Service may track Your usage of our Service, including Your IP address, device ID and related mobile device information, date and time of access, Your operating system and Internet browser, the portions of the Service you visit or download and the Internet address of the web site from which You linked directly to our Service.
- We may use web beacons, pixel tags, local storage or other technologies that facilitate personalization to track Service user demographics, Service traffic patterns, and Service purchases. We may also utilize Google Analytics in the collection, compilation and analysis of tracking information across multiple devices. More information on Google Analytics may be found at http://www.google.com/analytics, as amended by Google from time to time.
Mobile Applications and Location Data
If You use any mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may also collect device information (such as Your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer).
When you use our Services (including our website or application), You may be asked to allow us to collect your location information from your device.
If You use the DM Android application, You are asked to give the App permission to obtain information regarding which applications are stored on Your device, their activity on Your device, and which apps are running, in order to learn more about You and Your preferences, as part of DM’s technique for finding matches and providing you more relevant event advertisements.
By accepting the requested permissions before installation, You acknowledge and understand that the program performs these functions and agree to this, and You understand that You can withdraw Your consent at any time by uninstalling the DM Android application.
Information From Other Sources
From time to time we may supplement information You give us with information from other sources, such as information validating Your address or other available information You have provided us. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and to help us provide better services and user experience.
How Do We Use Information?
We may use Your information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- create and display Your dating profile to other users of the Service;
- compare Your profile and preferences with that of other users to provide both You and other users with potential matches;
- provide customer support to assist You with Your questions or complaints;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- advise You of changes to our services, or new services that we may implement from time to time;
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our Service or our marketing endeavors;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- track and analyze Your preferences to better understand Your service needs and eligibility;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us;
- analyze develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service
- we will use elements of Your Personal Information (such as Your personal preferences or Your profile information) to generate a list of possible matches from among our other users.
If your Personal Information is submitted when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your Personal Information, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your prior education and experience, and other information you provide to us, may be shared with our business partners, retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly only to perform services for us.
With Whom Do We Share Information?
In the normal course of business we act as the data controller and processer, but we may share some of Your Personal Information with third-parties acting on our behalf or as permitted or required by applicable privacy laws.
- Service Providers. We may use third party service providers (for example, web hosting providers, data management providers and/or payment processers) to manage one of more aspects of our business operations, including the processing or handing of Personal Information. When we do use an outside company, we use contractual or other appropriate means to ensure that Your Personal Information is used in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- Payment Data. By registering for a for-fee service and providing Your credit card details, the Service will use the credit card information You provide to bill You for goods and services. By providing Your credit card details to us, You consent to and authorize us to provide Your credit card details to payment processors and financial institutions as necessary to process Your payment.
- Legal Disclosure. We may disclose Your information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may be compelled to release information by a court of law or other person or entity with jurisdiction to compel production of such information, consistent with applicable privacy laws. If we have reasonable grounds to believe information could be useful in the investigation of improper or unlawful activity, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or other appropriate investigative bodies.
Onward Transfer and Consent to International Processing
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by us from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
Do Not Track
Our Service may contain links to other websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for Your convenience and information. When You click on one of those links You are contacting another website or Internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of Your Personal Information. We encourage You to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect and use Your Personal Information.
How Do I Access or Correct my Personal Information?
Applicable privacy laws may allow any individual the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her Personal Information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist the individual with the access request. This includes:
- identification of Personal Information under our custody or control; and
- information about how Personal Information under our control may be or has been used by us.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to Personal Information will be promptly sent to any organization it was disclosed to.
In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain Personal Information it holds about an individual. For security purposes, not all Personal Information is accessible and amendable by the Privacy Officer. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep Your information only as long as we need it as permitted by applicable legal requirements. In Canada, Personal Information used to make a decision that directly affects an individual will be kept for at least one year after such a decision. We have retention standards that meet these parameters.
How Do You Choose What Information We Collect and Use?
Your Consent: When You choose to provide us with Your Personal Information, You consent to the use of Your Personal Information as identified in this Policy and as may be further identified at the time of collection.
Withdrawing Your Consent: You may notify us at any time that You wish to withdraw or change Your consent to our use and disclosure of Your information. We will accommodate Your request; subject to legal and contractual restrictions.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
The Service limits access to your personal information. We have physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in place to protect and help prevent unauthorized access and use of personal information.
No data transmissions through the Internet or via mobile devices, or even the physical transfer of information, can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot fully eliminate all security risks associated with personal information. We do not ensure or warrant the security of any data or information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
Although our Service is a general audience website, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
3. COOKIES POLICY
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device's memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Are there different types of cookies?
First-party and Third-party cookies
There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser's language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website or to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms.
Session and persistent cookies
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
Other Tracking Technologies
Other technologies, such as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs) are used for similar purposes.
- Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our service or opened an e-mail that we have sent them
- Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our webpages comes from
- SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons
- Essential website cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Analytics cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you.
How can you control cookies?
There are several cookie management options available to you. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may make browsing our website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our site.
Browser and devices controls
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
Social Media Cookies
To allow you to share content on social media, some features of this website use social media plug-ins (e.g., Twitter™ "Share to Twitter" or LinkedIn™ "in" buttons). Depending on your social media account settings, we automatically receive information from the social media platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
Stuff Google Wants to Make Sure You Know about Google's Data Collection Technology
- Some features of our website and some Dance Matchmaker services rely on the use of Google™ Maps API Cookies. Such cookies will be stored on your device.
- When browsing this website and using the services relying on Google™ Maps API cookies, you consent to the storage, collection of such cookies on your device and to the access, usage and sharing by Google of the data collected thereby.
- Google™ manages the information and your choices pertaining to Google™ Maps API Cookies via an interface separate from that supplied by your browser. For more information, please see https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
How to Contact Us?
121C - 17 Ave NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 1L7